Types of Drivers
Drivers listed here are designed to work in the Windows XP and Windows 2000 environments. Drivers for older environments are also available.
- IVI-COM - The Kepco IVI-COM driver includes a windows help file. During installation the master IVI help file will be modified to include the Kepco driver functions.
- LabView G -
This driver is described in Section 4 of the latest KLP Developer's Guide and is applicable to all Kepco products designed to work in the LabView G environment. In addition, all subvi's are fully documented within the functions themselves. For a hard copy of examples not included in the KLP Developer's Guide, use the LabView documentation export feature.
- VXI plug&play CVI/ LabWindows -
The Labwindows/CVI demonstration programs also include the files needed for operation of a Kepco product in the VISA environment. Documentation of the driver functions is part of the VISA Operator Manual which will be installed in the user's computer when the program is extracted from the zip file. Some VISA Operator manuals may also be downloaded from Product Support.
The file is a Microsoft installer file. It is a signed driver and should be downloaded to your computer and then executed. The installation program verifies that the ivi foundation class driver and visa components are installed and are at least the 2014 version of the components. If there are issues, the driver will provide links or instructions to get access to the proper version. Kepco's IVI driver is a windows component; use the add or remove programs function in the windows control panel to uninstall.
- LabView G
There are three links for downloading the drivers and examples. The first two links are identical, except that one is with, and one without, the LabView runtime engine. Either of these two links perform three functions:
(1) Creates a Kepco directory in the user's document\labview data directory, and also creates two subdirectories: Kepco\functions and Kepco\utilities.
(2) Installs the interactive demonstration example application and subdirectories of example programs that use the driver to do tasks such as creating ramps (with and without measurements) or downloading waveforms to the power supply for execution.
(3) Attempts to install the Kepco power supplies instrument driver. This driver will only be installed if LabView 8.6 is installed in the default location of the user's computer. If any other version of Labview is installed, it is necessary to download the Kepco Library in order for the driver to function.
The third link contains only the Kepco Library of functions and a few required functions. The Kepco Library must be downloaded if any LabView version other than 8.6 is installed. These components have been provided separately as they are revised periodically, adding new user-requested functions. The last update added functions to access external references on BOP 1000 Watt models and BOP 100, 200, and 400 Watt models with BIT 4886.
- VXI plug&play
The zip file contains a setup program and multiple disk images. After extracting the files to your computer, execute the setup program to perform the installation process. An uninstall function is provided with this driver.
- If prompted to Save to Disk, select YES, then choose a drive/directory to download the selected
- If prompted to select a Helper Application, select NO,
then choose a drive/directory to download the selected
- Unzip the selected .zip file using PKUNZIP.
NOTE: The VXI plug&play driver setup may report errors when multiple KEPCO drivers are installed on the computer. It is recommended that you first create a new directory to which the zip file contents will be extracted, then extract the files and run the setup program. Virus protection and Network licensing software have been found to cause difficulties when installing the self-running demonstration software. When installing these CVI based utilities, please disable these programs.
- Read the associated readme.txt file for further instructions.
Drivers for ABC
Drivers for ATE-DMG
Drivers for BHK-MG
NOTE: To view Firmware Revision from the front panel make sure unit is in command entry status (colon (:) blinking) and press MENU until LCD shows: Model, Serial No., Calibration date, and Firmware Version.
Drivers for BOP with BIT 4886 Card
- IVI-COM Driver (Version 1.1.7) Driver and demonstration program which verifies correct installation of driver.
- LabView G - Interactive Demo. This is a demonstration application which uses standalone functions to highlight the timed ramps and waveform capabilities of the arbitrary waveform generator. Source code for the standalone functions is provided in the examples directory of Labview 2010.
- KpDCPwr Driver Labview Version 2012 instrument driver, user.lib and example with compiled Interactive Demo installer.
- Interactive Demo Program Including Labview Version 2010 Runtime and Generic Visa Version to operate standalone on a Windows XP and above PC.
- Sample VISA programs for Visual Studio examples Example projects are found in the BIT 4886 Operator's manual)
- LabWindows/CVI Version 2013
Drivers for BOP with BIT 802E Card
Drivers for BOP 1KW (MG and GL)
Drivers for Series EL Electronic Load
Drivers for KLN
Drivers for KLP
Drivers for KLR
Drivers for MBT-G, MST 488-27, TMA 4882-27, TMA VXI-27
EPICS (Experimental Physics and Industrial Control System) is a set of Open Source software tools, libraries and applications developed collaboratively and used worldwide to create distributed soft real-time control systems for scientific instruments such as a particle accelerators, telescopes and other large scientific experiments.
BOP-1KW, BIT 802E, KLP -E, KLR -E
MST, MBT, MAT