KEPCO is headquartered in New York City, maintaining manufacturing, research and development and distribution facilities at this site. Our culturally diverse location provides you with everything from Broadway to the Beaches, Sushi to Pastrami Sandwiches and of course, the Yankees and the Mets.
Theaters and Concert Halls
- There is a fabulous Italian-Istrian restaurant, Piccola Venezia 42-01 28th Avenue, (718) 762-8821, right near Astoria Blvd. Reservations are a must.
- If you want to tailgate, try Mama's of Corona (Leo's Latticini), 46-02 104th St, Corona (718) 898-6069. Their hot heroes are unbelievable, especially the fresh turkey and fresh mozzerella and Mama's special. Don't miss the gravy!
- For dim sum on steam carts, try Asian Jade, 136-62 39th Ave. Flushing, NY 11354 (718) 762-8821. Dim Sum available at lunch only. The Char Shu Boa (baked pork buns) are outstanding. Huge array of excellent dishes at dinner. Mostly Hong Kong style. On weekend evenings, lots of parties with entertainment that make the main dining room really festive.
- For Shanghai style breakfast food, Peoples People (aka Number 1 East) restaurant is the best. 41-27 Main St. Flushing, NY 11354 (718) 460-8686. The breakfast food is available through mid-afternoon. The fried dumplings and steamed meat balls (actually a soupy bun with pork filling) are delicious and unlike any you have probably had. At dinner, try the Black Pepper Scallops.
- Little Lamb Family Restaurant specializes in lamb dishes and Mongolian Hot Pot. 36-35 Main Street, 718-358-6667, The boiled lamb dumpling, lamb with scallions and Salt & Pepper Shrimp are out of this world.
- For Szechuan food that will knock your socks off, Try Szechuan Gourmet, 135-15 37th Ave. Flushing NY 11354, 717-888-9388. The kung pao chicken is totally unique and fabulous. The long string beans and cold dumplings in chili oil are amazing.
- Other great Chinese restaurants are:
- 1. Joe's Shanghai (136-21 37th Ave, Flushing) for the best steamed crab meat buns in the world.
- 2. OK Ryan (41-04 College Point Blvd) An unlikely name for the friendliest asian/chinese restaurant in Flushing. Nice people and eclectic great food. New lunch special every day.
- 3. Kung Fu Xiao Long Bao (59-16 Main St. Flushing NY 11355, 718-661-2882) Wonderful soup buns and great Shanhai-style cold appetizers like mock chicken, spicy cucumbers and trees ears. The regular menu is as good as the breakfast food.