Kepco has introduced an option (identified by suffix C) to optimize 100W, 200W and 400W BOP models for driving capacitive loads. This option makes the BOP more suitable for a wide variety of applications such as solar cell/solar panel testing, testing of piezoelectric driving devices, capacitor testing, driving and testing of capacitive transducers, and powering industrial- or lab-type applications with capacitive or capacitive-resistive loads.
BOP C option units are designed to operate in a stable manner in Voltage or Voltage Limit mode for capacitive loads up to 10 millifarads. They are also stable with any R-C load combinations.
They are also stable when driving any R-C parallel combination where load R is > or = to nominal value and C is < or = to 10mf. load r (nominal value) = nominal output voltage/nominal output current (e.g., bop 36-6mc, r = 36/6 = 6 ohms. to prevent current limit mode operation, the equivalent impedence of the r-c parallel load circuit must be greater than the nominal r value at the working frequency. static specifications representing accuracy for various influence parameters are identical to the standard bop models. ripple and noise specifications are better (approximately 50% lower) for the c option units compared to the standard bop.
- Full 4-quadrant operation
- Source and sink 100% of their current rating.
- Separate control circuits for voltage and current with automatic crossover to current and voltage limits.
- Zeroable preamplifier available for scaling and summing external signals.
- Option to drive capacitive loads up to 10mF
- Option to drive magnets up to 1 Henry
- Optional digital displays.
- Optional BIT 4886 provides 16-bit IEEE 488.2 talk- listen control with SCPI support.
- Optional BIT 802E provides ethernet control either through a web page or by using SCPI commands via Telnet.
- Optional BIT TMA-27 connect BOP to Kepco's single-address multiple instrument serial bus for long range (>300m) control from IEEE 488.2, RS 232 or VXI-based hosts.
- Optional BIT 488B or BIT 488D offer listen-only GPIB support in binary or Hex format.