- Remote sensing (0.5V for 3.3 and 5V models, 0.8V for all others).
- Control/programming of the voltage channel, current limit, overvoltage setpoint. The output voltage is remotely trimmable by resistance. Both the output voltage and current limit are adjustable over the range 20%-100% by a 0-10V analog voltage.
- Set point monitors for voltage and current permit on-line adjustment of output limits.
- Switch selectable Bellcore-type current "walk-in" characteristic for battery charger applications.
- Front panel status indicators, duplicated by form C relay contact status flags at rear panel connector: POWER, DC FAIL, OVERTEMP, FAN FAIL.
- Safety Agency Approvals: Recognized component with SELV output per UL 1950, CSA 950, VDE IEC 950/EN 60950 for a-c mains operation (125V models not UL rated).
- HSP are capable of sustaining full load operation through the loss of one full mains cycle at any source voltage without indication of failure. If mains power is lost for more than one cycle, HSP indicates a fault a minimum of 5 milliseconds before the output loses regulation. Total effective hold-up time exceeds 27 milliseconds.
- 5" x 5" crossection plug-ins meet EIA standard for 3U height. Fit three abreast in EIA standard 19" equipment racks (four abreast in 24" racks).
- HSP are fully protected for any overload including a short circuit. Normal overload protection is continuous current limiting. A switch selectable option will latch the power off after 20 seconds to avoid damage to load wires. An overvoltage protector latches the power off whenever the output exceeds a user-set limit.
- Remote control of HSP is provided via one of two isolated TTL-level signals, one normally high and the other normally low. An internal 5V supply powers this circuit and provides the auxilliary 5V, 100mA output. This voltage is available whenever source power is applied whether or not the main output is inhibited. The main output is normally ON if no remote logic is applied.
- HSP meet all EN 50082-2 (heavy industrial) immunity levels including mains lightning surge. (See also ANSI C62.41).
- Compliant with UL 8750, Standard for LED Equipment,
More detailed information is available for the following HSP features: